Creating a new user creates a local account in the application, we call these ‘Forms’ accounts. Forms accounts can be used to provide temporary access outside of your Active Directory authentication, or if you are only using Forms accounts, you can create a new user outside of the self-registration process.
Default privacy settings
You can choose if your new users, created either manually or through self-registration, default to showing or hiding their workplace presence and location information with colleagues. This is a global setting that applies to all new Condeco users created through User management or self-registration. Users can edit this privacy setting in their user profile.
Follow the steps to set the privacy default for new users:
- Navigate to Advanced setup > Global setup.
- Select the Personal spaces tab.
- Default privacy setting for new users: Select Share with colleagues or Hide from colleagues.
- Share with colleagues: New users are automatically set to show workplace presence and location information to colleagues.
- Hide from colleagues: New users are automatically set to hide workplace presence and location information from colleagues.
Create a new user
- Navigate to User management.
- Click the Create user button at the top-right of the User Management page.
- Complete the fields as required for the new user. Click the tabs to see more options. Click Save when done.
Tabs on the user management page:
|Overview||Enter the user’s name, contact details, and role.|
|Permissions||Select the Access Level for the user and personal user permissions. The permissions defined here will override the default permissions applied to a Group.|
|Preferred attributes||If required you can apply preferred attributes for the user. You can also apply a number of slots per week that the user can book, which overrides the default number of slots defined for a group.|
|Location & language||Enter the default location shown when the user searches for meeting spaces and Personal spaces, and set the default language.|
|Additional properties||Set a default reminder time, requestor name, cost code, and meeting space booking delegates.|