Use Book a meeting space to perform an advanced search for a meeting space. You can create recurring bookings or find a workspace with a specific attribute such as a television or whiteboard etc.
How to book a meeting space using the advanced search tool
- Navigate to Book a meeting from the Meeting spaces module menu on the left.
- Select the Location and Floor to search or select All to search all locations. The location set in your user profile is displayed by default.
- Workspace type: Select the type of meeting space you wish to find. Select Any to search all workspace types or when you want to request a specific meeting space (see next step).
- Workspace name: If you know the name of the meeting space you wish to book, enter it here. Note, if you selected a workspace type above, it must match the workspace type of the meeting space entered here.
- From / To: Click the date fields to display the calendar and choose the timeslot for your booking.
- Repeat: To schedule a booking to repeat on a regular or irregular basis, select Every Day, Every Week, Every Month, or ADVANCED.
If Every day, week, or month is selected, the Until calendar box is displayed. Select the last date for the recurring meeting.
To apply a more complex recurrence pattern, for example, every other day or specific days in an irregular pattern, select ADVANCED to open the Advanced Recurrences page.
- Setup: Choose a particular seating style or workspace configuration.
- Number attending: Enter the number of attendees. You may need to add their contact details on the booking form.
- Attributes: Tick the services required for the meeting. The items listed depend on your organization’s configuration.
- Click Search to find a meeting space matching the selected criteria.
The following columns and options are displayed:
Meeting spaces: Click the workspace name to view the location on the floor plan, the seating style, and any services offered with the workspace.
Workspace type: The workspace type is displayed.
Setup: The default setup for the workspace is displayed. The number in brackets indicates the maximum occupancy for the seating style. Click the drop-down to select an alternative seating plan for the workspace (if available). Note that changing the setup selection may add setup and clean-down times to the booking.
Location: The location of the workspace.
Attributes: Hover your cursor over the acronyms to see the attribute names. A green tick indicates the attribute is available in the workspace.
Request or Book button: Managed workspaces display Request. Self-managed workspaces display Book. Click Request to request a booking of a managed workspace. Once the booking has been accepted you will be notified. Click Book to instantly book a self-managed workspace.
If the booking has recurrences and a meeting space is not available for all recurrences in the series, the number of exclusions is indicated on the results page.