CoreNet NYC hosted “Just How Big is ‘Big’ Data?” on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at AppNexus. Chris Zlocki, Executive Managing Director of Colliers International, moderated a panel that included Venkat Nagaswamy, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Mimir Data, Andy Howells, Head of Workplace Consultancy of Condeco, and Ron Dembo, Founder and CEO of Zerofootprint Software.
Significance of Big Data for Commercial Real Estate Panelists explored how new analytics and technology are being used to understand behavior, improve operations, manage risk, support innovation and alter workplace strategy, and the implications that all of this has on the commercial real estate industry. Mr Nagaswamy, Mr Howells and Mr Dembo developed the following findings:
- Up to a third of a building’s workspace is being underutilized each day.
- Workspace occupancy measuring techniques and workspace utilization tools allow property managers to generate data sets, which are used to determine the effective use of buildings and resources.
- Digital alerts can change tenant behavior in Class A office buildings.
- Companies can utilize Big Data to streamline process, optimize output and maximize profit.
- Big Data can predict who should sit where and when in the workplace.
- Big Data will help forecast commercial real estate market trends and analytics.
Download the newsletter and presentation here.
CoreNet NYC (2014, April 21). “Just How Big is ‘Big’ Data?“. CoreNet NYC Spring 2014 Newsletter. Retrieved from https://newyorkcity.corenetglobal.org/news?ssopc=1