The issue of how to help people share information and ideas more effectively is perhaps the most important challenge facing organisations in our globalised knowledge based economy. It is a subject that was addressed in a recent event hosted by Condeco in partnership with the Facilities Management Association (FMA) and Herman Miller at their National Design Centre in London at the end of April.
“I’ve found in the conversations we’ve had with Condeco, that they’re thinking on a similar line to what we revealed in our research on this issue”.
-Alexi Marmot, Alexi Marmot Associates
Over 100 FMA members gathered to take part in the lively networking event. The keynote speaker for the evening was the internationally renowned workplace design and management consultant Alexi Marmot who kicked things off with her thoughts on the subject in her presentation entitled ‘Workplace Management Interaction: design for knowledge transfer’.
Alexi sparked a thought provoking discussion with her short 15 minute presentation which managed to encapsulate many of the challenges facing workplace designers, owners, managers and occupiers as well as looking at a number of potential solutions including the use of software and other technology to facilitate the flow of ideas and information amongst teams and individuals.
“What I feel is that some booking systems are a little bit simple-minded”, said Alexi. “They don’t go beyond thinking about time and place. But what we’ve been discovering is that it’s really important for people to understand the purpose of a meeting, who really has be there and those for whom it isn’t quite so essential. It is also important to understand what kind of technology is needed and what kind of atmosphere. I think the future of software is about engaging interactively and intuitively with the people who are running meetings, to make sure that all of things come together to make the interaction actually work better. I’ve found in the conversations we’ve had with Condeco, that they’re thinking on similar lines to those uncovered by our own research.”
What became apparent in the discussions was that one of the most important of the challenges facing managers relates to the globalisation of interactions. Condeco’s Global Channel Sales Manager, Simon Cohen was one of those who responded to Alexi with his personal views on the challenges he has faced in the past when trying to have an important meeting abroad.
Following a good humoured and lively debate on how best to resolve the universally recognised challenges inherent in developing technological solutions, proceedings were wrapped up by FMA Chief Executive Chris Hoar who concluded by thanking all those involved with making this event such a great success, including Condeco for hosting and sponsoring the evening.
For more details and or to book a demonstration of any of the Condeco product range contact:
Matthew Shephard on +44 (0)20 7001 2055
Notes to editors:
- Condeco is a leading global specialist in workspace management, space booking and utilisation solutions including digital screens. The Condeco software suite enables multinational corporations to SMEs to manage all aspects of the workplace with ease and fluidity.
- The Condeco software solution incorporates desk booking, meeting room management software, digital signage, visitor management and event management. In addition, Condeco is multi-lingual and works across multiple times zones to enable bookings across the globe.
- The solution is flexible, fully scalable and enables organisations to maximise the potential of their real estate in order to reduce costs improve efficiency and encourage a greener workplace.
- Herman Miller is a major American manufacturer of office furniture and equipment, as well as furniture for the home.
- The Facilities Management Association (the FMA) is the UKs leading representative trade body for employers in the FM sector engaged in delivering non-core services to a broad range of public and private organisations
- This event was hosted at the National Design Centre, located at 61 Aldwych.
- Tel +44 (0)20 7001 2020
- For further information and images, please contact Mark Eltringham on 07970902115 or Pervez Gibbs, Head of Marketing at Condeco on 020 7001 2026 email@example.com