How to verify a successful OAuth configuration
Test-OAuthConnectivity cmdlet to verify your OAuth configuration is correct. This cmdlet verifies that on-premise Exchange and Exchange Online endpoints can successfully authenticate requests from each other.
Learn more about the cmdlet at Microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/test-oauthconnectivity?view=exchange-ps
Error ‘Failed to reach device’ displayed during authentication.
This error can be caused by any of the following:
- The screen is not connected to the internet.
- The authentication process was not completed within 15 minutes and the code expired.
- The screen does not have the required minimum software version installed. See Technical information
A previously authenticated screen is showing as unauthenticated.
- If the service account is unavailable for any reason, the Device Hub will show the screen as unauthenticated. When the issue with the service account has been resolved, follow the steps for Authenticating a meeting room screen for OAuth.
- If the email address for the Exchange room is changed, the Device Hub will show the screen as unauthenticated. Follow the steps for Authenticating a meeting room screen for OAuth and apply the up-to-date email address.
Issues connecting to Exchange
If problems are experienced when connecting to Exchange, check the following.
Check OAuth is enabled for Exchange online
An Exchange admin can run the following Powershell commands to determine if OAuth is enabled:
Install-Module -Name ExchangeOnlineManagement Connect-ExchangeOnline -UserPrincipalName adminEmailId Get-OrganizationConfig | Format-Table Name,OAuth* -Auto
If the result shows OAuth2ClientProfileEnabled = False, run the folowing:
Set-OrganizationConfig -OAuth2ClientProfileEnabled $true
Validate access to Exchange Web Services (EWS)
- Open a private browser page (incognito or private mode, depending on browser) and go to https://outlook.office365.com/
- Enter user credentials for the Exchange room when prompted.
If an unauthorized access error is displayed, or the username/password prompt reappears, either the credentials for the Exchange room are incorrect or the account does not have the required permissions.
Check the correct EWS URL is saved in Calendar Settings
See how to set the calendar URL here.