To ensure no interruption to service, you should prepare and authenticate existing meeting room screens for OAuth before enabling OAuth authentication for your calendar service! Once OAuth authentication is enabled for your calendar service, any meeting room screen that does not already have OAuth enabled will stop working.
Minimum software version
All meeting room screens currently in use must be on version 8.3.3 or above. Any meeting room screen not on this minimum version may stop working once OAuth is enabled for your calendar service. To learn how to update screens visit Checking for updates.
How to prepare an existing meeting room screen for OAuth authentication
To prepare OAuth authentication for an existing meeting room screen, follow the steps to override screen authentication.
- Sign in to the Device Hub.
- Click the Device Management icon in the left icon bar.
- Click Rooms & Screens.
- Click a room to open the Add/Edit Room page.
- Tick Override Screen Authentication and click Save.
- Once the override is set, follow the steps to activate and authenticate the meeting room screen. See Authenticating a meeting room screen for OAuth
Once all existing screens are running the correct software version, override screen authentication is set, and they are activated and authenticated, you can Enable OAuth for your calendar service.