How to enable OAuth for screens using the Device Hub
Follow the steps below to authenticate your meeting room screen using the Device Hub.
- Sign in to the Condeco Device Hub..
- Click the Device Management icon in the left icon bar (top).
- Select Rooms & Screens to display your Condeco meeting room screens.
- The authentication status for each screen is displayed in the Authentication column:
OAuth: The screen is activated and OAuth is authenticated.
Check Status: The screen is activated but OAuth is not yet authenticated. Click Check Status to check the status and authenticate.
Not applicable: The screen is not activated. Click Activate to activate the screen. When activated, the Authentication column will show Check Status.
Authenticate: The screen is not authenticated. Click Authenticate to authenticate the screen.
- To start the authentication process click either Check Status or Authenticate.
- If Check Status was clicked, the process will check the authentication status first.
Click Authenticate now to authenticate the meeting room screen.
- When authentication has started, click the URL displayed in the Authenticate window.
- When prompted, enter the Code displayed in the Authentication window and click Next.
- Enter the Email address for the calendar displayed in the Authentication window and click Next.
- Enter the Password for the calendar mailbox and click Sign in.
- If prompted, tick Consent and click Accept to provide the required access to the room calendar. By clicking ‘Accept’ you are agreeing the Exchange Web Service can access the mailbox, and sign in as the mailbox and read its profile. To learn more click ‘Terms of Service’ in the Permissions window.
- When Microsoft confirms you have signed in to the OAuth application, close the Microsoft window.
- When a successful authentication is confirmed click close this window.
- The Authentication column displays OAuth for the meeting room screen.
Congratulations! OAuth is now enabled for your meeting room screen.