A personal space is a space used by a single person. For example, a desk, office, parking space, or locker. Each individual personal space resource must be assigned to a group to manage booking rules and permissions, and can be assigned as a workspace type. Workspace types for personal spaces can be further defined as either a ‘Workspace’ (a space to work, such as a desk or office) or ‘Other’ space (a bookable space that is not a space to work, such as a locker).
Personal spaces can be booked for half-days or whole days, depending on your organization’s global setup.
How to create or edit a personal space resource
Sign in to Condeco as an administrator and follow the steps to configure resources.
- Navigate to Application Setup then Resources.
- Select Personal spaces for the Resource Type.
- Click the dropdown lists to filter personal spaces by Location and/or Group.
- Edit a personal space: To edit an existing personal space, locate the space in the list or type the space name in the search box. Click the Edit icon, or to permanently remove a personal space, click the Bin icon.
- Create a personal space: To create a new personal space, click Add Resource.
- Refer to the table to complete the fields for the resource.
Personal space fields Description Resource ID The unique value for the personal space. The Resource ID is generated automatically and is only visible on the form when editing a personal space. Name Enter a name for the personal space. The name is displayed when choosing a space to book. Workspace type Select the type of workspace from the list. Type Select the booking type – bookable, fixed, or flexi. See below for additional options for fixed and flexi. Status Indicates if the personal space is open or closed for bookings. Group Select the group to manage the booking rules, etc. Location Select the personal space location. Floor Select the floor where the personal space is located. Zone If zones are configured, select the zone where the space is located. QR code value The value of the QR code displayed at the personal space used for checking in. Enable or disable QR scanning for the resource by toggling the Enabled box to the right. Vendor Select the Vendor to manage cleaning services for the space. Profile This field is not in use. Cost per half-day If applied, costs can be reported with Condeco Advanced Reports. Costs per day If applied, costs can be reported with Condeco Advanced Reports. Wayfinder URI This field is not in use. Business Categories If business categories are configured, move the categories the resource relates to, to the right-hand box. Adjacent personal space See below.
- Type: Selecting Fixed personal space or Flexi personal space for the booking type displays additional fields.
Start date: Enter the date the space assignment is to start.
Until date: Enter the end date for the space assignment or tick Until Further Notice to assign it for an unlimited time.
Assigned to: Click the search icon to open the User Lookup page.
User Lookup: Enter a few letters of the user’s first or last name and click Search. Select the user to assign the space to in the results (the name may not highlight but the details will appear on the right), click Select to close the window.
- Adjacent personal spaces: Adding information about personal spaces located near to each other allows you to see and report who has been sitting close to an employee. A personal space can have up to 10 other spaces marked as adjacent.
Click Expand to reveal the adjacent personal space form.
Click the dropdown and select a nearby personal space. Click Add another to add additional adjacent personal spaces. A maximum of 10 adjacent personal spaces can be added. The personal spaces marked as adjacent will automatically include this personal space as adjacent to them.
- At the top right of the form, tick the attributes available with the personal space. Available attributes depend on those set for the Workspace type.
- Click Save when done.