Make simple bookings directly from the booking grid using Quick book.
- When setting a timeslot on the grid the time bar displays the default setup and clean-down times for the meeting space, as well as the from and to time of the booking.
- Booking details are pre-populated based on the configuration of the application and your profile.
- Easily tab between fields using your keyboard.
- Pressing the Enter key creates the booking.
When should I use Quick book?
Quick book is designed for simple bookings or for when you want to reserve a room and add extra information later using the booking form.
Why is Quick Book not appearing for some Groups?
Quick book can be disabled by your administrator per Group. It may be disabled because additional mandatory information is required for bookings in the Group which would not be captured by the Quick book popup.
Why does the booking form sometimes open instead of Quick book?
When a meeting space has a default setup or clean-down time configured, this may cause an overlap with another booking or the setup time may fall into the past. On these occasions, the booking form will open to provide more flexibility to adjust the booking.
Limitations of Quick book
Admins should disable the Quick book tool for a Group if any of the following limitations cause a breach of your organization’s business rules.
- Mandatory custom fields are ignored.
- Default service items are not added to a booking.
- If a cost code exists against the host (or requestor) it is added to the meeting, however, it will not be mandatory.
- Requestors and hosts must exist and be selected from the lookup.
- The Quick book tool is available on the standard booking grid only (not the Advanced booking grid).
- Meeting space messages are not shown.
- Meeting space costs are ignored.
How to disable the Quick book feature (admins only)
Administrators can disable the Quick book tool in Group Administration.
Navigate to Application Setup and select the Location and Group. On the Application Setup page under the Booking Options section, untick Quick book to disable the tool for the group.