Printing QR codes directly from Condeco is not currently supported. To print QR codes you can use your own label printing software or an online tool, or you can use the mail merge function in Microsoft Word to create a document displaying the QR codes which can then be printed in the usual way.
A guide to using the Microsoft Word mail merge feature to display QR codes is below.
How to display QR codes in MS Word
- Export the QR code values and save to a Microsoft Excel (.xls) file.
- Open the Excel file and edit the QR Code column heading to remove the space. We suggest renaming ‘QR Code’ column heading to ‘QRCode’. Save the Excel file.
- Open a new MS Word document and insert a table with 2 columns.
- In the first column, enter the name of the first resource. Resource names are listed under ‘Item Name’ in the Excel file.
- In the second column, press CTRL+F9 to open a field value box.
- In the brackets type MERGEBARCODE QRCODE QR ‘QRCODE’ is the name of the column in the Excel file containing the QR code values. This name must not include a space.
- With your cursor in the next row of the first column, select the Mailings menu tab, click Rules and Next Record.
- Immediately after
<<Next Record>>, enter the name of the next resource.
- Repeat step 5 (CTRL+F9) in the second column.
- Complete the table following the steps above for each row.
- Select the Mailings menu tab and click Preview Results. The QR code images are displayed in the second column.