Team assignments help your organization protect key functions by ensuring not all members of a department are in physical contact with each other.
Use Team Assignment to divide departments into two teams and separate booking schedules across odd and even week numbers. The Teams are created by default so you only need to add your users. Team A (Even weeks) can book desks on weeks that fall on an even number and Team B (Odd weeks) can book desks on weeks that fall on an odd number. The ISO week date system is used to define week numbers.
How to assign multiple users to a team or move multiple users between teams
Groups are used to assign multiple users to teams. You can select users who have the selected desk group saved as the default desk group in their profile.
- Go to User Management.
- Click the Team assignment tab.
- Select the Country, Location, and Group you are configuring the teams for.
- Click Select Team dropdown and choose the team to display and edit. Alternatively, click All to display all users or Unassigned to display users who do not belong to a team.
- You can choose whether to show deactivated users by toggling the Show deactivated users switch. Use the Filter to quickly find specific users.
- Tick the box to the left of the Name column heading to select all listed users or tick the individual users to select.
- When at least one user has been selected, assignment control buttons are displayed above the list. The buttons displayed depend on the selection in the Team dropdown. Use the buttons to assign users to teams or move users from one team to another.
How to assign or change an individual user’s team
As well as using groups to assign users to teams, you can assign teams in User Management for individual users.
- Go to User Management and enter the user’s name in the Find a user search box. Click the name to open the user’s profile.
- Click the Availability tab and select the team from the Current Team dropdown list. The calendar is color-coded to show when and where the user can work.
What happens to any existing desk bookings when a user is assigned to a team?
Any bookings for the user that don’t comply with the team are canceled. For example, if a user is assigned to Team A (Even weeks) any bookings in the future that fall on odd weeks are canceled.
Does the user retain their team assignment if their default group is changed in the user’s profile?
Yes, once a user is assigned to Team A or Team B the same team assignment will still apply regardless of which desk group is saved in their profile.
What if the user has a different default group for rooms and desks?
Team Assignment works with the default desk group only.
How does a user see which team they are assigned to?
The team the user is assigned to is displayed on the Availability tab on their Profile and the calendar is color-coded to show when and where the user can work.