Admins can swap the rooms of two bookings directly on the Booking Grid. This can help increase utilization by freeing-up larger time slots in rooms.
How to swap two bookings
- Login as an administrator.
- Navigate to Room Booking > Booking Grid.
- Right-click the booking you wish to swap and select Swap with… from the popup menu.
- Hover your mouse over bookings to see if they can be swapped with the selected meeting. Any booking that cannot be swapped will fade. Bookings that can be swapped will darken and show a swap icon.
- Click the booking that you wish to swap with and click again to confirm. Choose whether to send email notifications to the attendees.
- The swapped bookings are now validated to check that selected services are available in the alternative rooms and the room configuration is available. Answer any queries that relate to the bookings.
- The two bookings swap rooms on the grid.
Which booking types cannot be swapped?
- Bookings where the swapped room is not available for the whole period of the booking.
- Bookings that are part of a multi-room or videoconference, including linked-room bookings.
- Bookings that are part of third-party integration including Skype for Business, O365 Sync.
- Bookings that are not in the same Group.
What happens if a meeting with a recurrence is swapped?
You can select a recurring booking and swap it with a one-time booking but only the selected instance of the recurrence is swapped. All other recurrences remain in the originally booked room.
You cannot however perform the swap the other way around – you cannot swap a one-time booking with a recurring booking.