Managing requests for meeting room bookings
Authorizers and approvers of managed room groups will see Requests displayed in the Room Booking menu. Authorizers and approvers can approve, reject, and/or change all details of a requested booking.
The Requests menu item displays the number of outstanding requests awaiting approval in square brackets.
On the User Requests page, you can click Popup to view the page in a pop-up window.
User Requests dashboard
You can filter the requests listed in the user requests table by Status, Date, and/or Location.
Booking status filter:
All: Displays all outstanding requests.
New: Displays the new requests from the current date.
Wait List: Displays requests where bookings are on hold. It is a manual process (by you) to change the status of the booking and assign the booking to a suitable room.
Pending on Grid: Displays requests which are reserved but not approved.
Rejected: Displays all rejected bookings.
New and updated: Displays only new bookings or bookings that have been updated.
Managing user requests from the dashboard
In the lower section of the dashboard, requests are listed in date/time order with the next scheduled meeting at the top. Request management buttons are shown to the right of each request.
Request management buttons:
View: Click to open the booking form. It is best practice to open the booking form and review the details before approving or rejecting the request.
Review: Click to open the booking summary page in a pop-up window.
The Review option is for administrators only. Admins can also access Review from the Today page.
- If the booking is pending the Accept / Reject / Close Window / Print Summary buttons are displayed.
- If the booking is not pending (i.e. Confirmed/ Rejected / Wait List/ New) the Close Window / Print Summary buttons are displayed.
Accept: Confirm the booking request.
Reject: Reject the booking request. You must provide a reason for the rejection.
Close Window: Close the pop-up window.
Print Summary: Print a summary of the page.
Grid: Click to display the booking on the booking grid.
- Right-click the booking on the grid to Move, Copy or Delete, put it on a Wait List or Swap with another booking.
- Right-click the booking on the grid and click the status to Confirm the booking request.
- Click the booking on the grid to open the booking form.
Confirm: Click to confirm the booking request.
Reject: Click to reject the booking request. You must provide a reason for the rejection.
Good to know
- For Multi Tab bookings, Accept / Reject options will only appear for pending bookings. i.e. If one booking is confirmed and another is pending, Accept / Reject button will appear for the pending booking only.
- Only requests that are pending approval are listed on the Request page.
- Self-managed rooms do not require approval therefore they do not appear in Requests.
- If you work as part of a group administrator team, all requests are seen by all members of the team.
- Requests do not generate email notifications.
- We recommend keeping Condeco minimized and periodically checking the number of requests awaiting approval.
Need more help with this?