Quick book allows users to make simple bookings directly from the booking grid without having to open the booking form.
- New time bar when dragging on the grid automatically shows the default setup and clean down time of the room, as well as the from and to time of the booking.
- Booking details are pre-populated based on the configuration of the application and your profile.
- Easily tab between fields using your keyboard and press the Enter key to create the booking.
When can I use Quick book?
Quick book is ideal for simple bookings, or when you want to reserve a room and then add extra information later using the booking form. Only the title, number attending, meeting type, requestor and host can be edited from the Quick Book popup.
Why is Quick Book not appearing for some Groups?
Quick book can be disabled by your administrator per Group. It may be disabled because additional mandatory information is required for bookings in this Group which would not be captured by the Quick book popup. Some organizations may also decide to completely disable Quick book. Check with your Condeco administrator that you have the latest version and that it’s enabled.
Why does the booking form sometimes open instead of Quick book?
When a room has a default setup or clean down time, it may cause it to overlap with another booking or fall into the past meaning that Quick book would not be able to complete the booking. This setup and clean down time may be able to be removed or reduced by an administrator, or by a user by changing the room’s setup style. This can only be done from the booking form and so it is opened instead of the Quick book popup.
- Mandatory custom fields will be ignored.
- Default service items will not be added to a booking.
- If a cost code exists against the host (or requestor) then it will be added to the meeting, however it is not required to complete a booking.
- Requestors and hosts must be valid users in the application and selected from the lookup.
- Available in the standard booking grid only.
- Room messages are not shown.
- Room costs are ignored.
Where these limitations go against any business rules in your organization, we recommend to disable Quick book for the Group or all Groups by going to Application Setup > Groups > (Country) > (Group Name) > Meeting Rooms > Application Setup and then unticking Quick Book.
Need more help with this?