Why lock users’ default desk locations?
Groups are configured with a maximum time in advance that desks can be booked by users who have the group as their default. A different time in advance (usually less) can be applied for users who do not have the group as their default. It can be advantageous therefore for users to change their default location in order to secure a longer advance period when booking desks in a particular group.
To prevent users from changing their default group to take advantage of longer advance periods, administrators can lock default locations so they cannot be changed by the user.
How to lock the default desk location
- Go to Advanced Setup then Global Setup.
- On the Desk Booking tab tick Prevent users from editing their default location.
- If a user does not have a default location and group configured, the location will be unlocked until they set one.
- If a user’s default is not valid, for example, they do not have permission to the default group, or the location of the default group no longer exists, then the default location will be unlocked until a valid one is set.
- Administrator accounts are unaffected, their default location is always unlocked.
- The lock also applies when using the Condeco Desk Booking Mobile app.
Need more help with this?