Most Return to Office features are specific to desk or room groups configured for locations, however, some settings are set globally and apply regardless of location or the group a user is booking a desk or meeting room in.
The following global settings for desk and room bookings should be considered when configuring Return to Office features for your organization.
Global settings for Desk Booking
Go to Advanced Setup > Global Setup. Make your selections on the Desk Booking tab and click Save when done.
- Set whole-day desk bookings only, to enable the cleaning vendor workflow.
Under Booking period select Whole Day.
- Prevent users from making desk bookings for others.
Set Allow desks to be booked for others to Admins only.
- Choose whether desk booking for external users is allowed.
Untick Allow desks to be booked for external users.
Global settings for Meeting Room Booking
Go to Advanced Setup > Global Setup. Make your selections on the Room Booking tab and click Save when done.
- Prevent booking rooms that do not have the capacity for the number of attendees.
Set Ignore room capacity to False.
- Prevent users from modifying clean-down times.
Set Setup and Clean-down Times for Users to Edit to Off.
- Make attendee details mandatory for all meeting room bookings.
Set Mandatory attendee details on the booking form to True.
- Remove the need to reorganize linked rooms for meetings by closing them or leaving them open to create more space.
Set Enable linked rooms to False.
Need more help with this?