A vendor is a group or company that supplies items or services, such as cleaning or AV supplies. Multiple vendor companies can be created in Condeco to manage different services and/or different sites. Individual vendor contact accounts are created for each vendor company and are assigned tasks via the vendor workflow.
To assign vendors to services, follow the steps below to create a vendor company and apply the services, then create the vendor contacts to receive the tasks created by the service (vendor workflow).
How to create or edit a vendor
- Go to Application Setup > Vendors.
- Select the Country to display a list of existing vendors for the location.
- Click Edit to edit an existing vendor or click Add vendor to create a new vendor.
- Enter or edit the vendor’s Company name and contact details. Note that the email address used here IS NOT used in the Vendor workflow.
- Tick the services that the vendor will provide at the listed location(s) and click Save.
- Now follow the steps below to create a vendor contact.
How to create a vendor contact
Once you have created a vendor, you must create at least one vendor contact. The vendor contact receives the tasks from the vendor workflow and accesses a dashboard to view assigned tasks.
- Click the Vendor / Company Name from the list on the Vendor Admin page (NOT the edit button to the right).
- Click Add vendor contact.
- Complete the contact details as required.
- Username: Used to logon to the Vendor Dashboard.
- Email: Enter the email address for the inbox that will receive the task notifications.
- Tick Notify by email if required and for desk cleaning vendors leave only send emails within # mins of the booking start time blank.
- Tick Vendor Administration to enable the vendor contact to update their tasks on the Vendor Dashboard and assign tasks to other vendor contacts. If unticked the Vendor Dashboard is read-only for the vendor contact.
- Move the Services / Locations that the vendor contact will manage to the right-hand box. Only the services and locations that are selected for the Vendor company are listed.
- Click Save. An email is sent to the vendor contact with a link to activate the account and set a password.