Front End Software Engineer
The Condeco development team is looking for a front-end web developer to be a key contributor to the technical design and implementation of its market leading products. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in using their knowledge of web technologies to being UI/UX designs to life. This is a terrific opportunity for an engineer interested in progressing their own technical excellence in a key hands-on role through being part of a team developing the next generation of product for Condeco’s customers.
They will be expected to:
- Work with an agile team of software engineers in Newcastle, UK to deliver high quality software.
- Work with the UX designer, Lead Software Engineer, Product Managers and Architects to define deliveries and work within schedule.
- Work with the design team to ensure/correct for feasibility of their designs
- Develop compelling new user facing features ensuring consistency and performance
- Build reusable libraries for use
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that the software is subject to full automation testing, can be performance tested, and meets quality requirements.
- Work with the Engineering Department’s processes and tools ensuring best practices are adhered to on every project.
- Regularly participate in development meetings, and occasionally participate in department meetings.
- Experience with AngularJS 2.0+
- Understanding of responsive, standards compliant design
- Knowledge of browser compatibility issues
- Expert knowledge of common web services protocols and networking, particularly RESTful web services
- Extensive understanding of software engineering concepts, with recent experience in Agile methodologies, and some experience in traditional Waterfall methodologies (i.e., version control systems, peer coding, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, release management, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of testing and quality assurance, including browser testing, virtual test environments, beta tests and early adopter programs, and release management.
- Experience with gulp, webpack
- Recent experience with jira, git, VSTS.
- Experience with cloud services such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS
- Experience in enterprise software (i.e. ERP, CRM, HR, finance) for at least 5 years.
- Experience with backend systems written in C#, ASP.NET MVC
Nice to have:
- Experience of cloud based analytics systems such as Crashlytics, Hockeyapp, Azure application insights.